Our Commitment - Fitzers Catering Limited
The General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts 1988-2018 apply to the processing of personal data. This organisation is committed to complying with its legal obligations in this regard. The organisation collects and processes personal data relating to its customers, suppliers, potential candidates and our employees, in the course of business in a variety of circumstances, and to protect the legitimate interests of the organisation.
This notice covers any individual about whom this organisation processes data. This may include current and former employees, current and former clients and current and former suppliers. Processing of data includes: collecting; recording; storing; altering; disclosing; destroying; and blocking. Personal data kept by this organisation shall normally be stored on the employee’s personnel file or HR electronic database. The organisation has appropriate security measures in place to protect against unauthorised access.
Our Employees & Potential Candidates
1. As an employer, the Company needs to keep and process information about you for normal employment purposes. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, whilst you are working for us, at the time when your employment ends and after you have left. This includes using information to enable us to comply with the employment contract, to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
2. As a company pursuing Hospitality activities, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes.
The nature of our legitimate interests are event & hospitality based. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
3. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other internal sources, such as your manager, or in some cases, external sources, such as referees.
4. The sort of information we hold includes your application form and references, your contract of employment and any amendments to it; correspondence with or about you, for example letters to you about a pay rise or, at your request, a letter to your mortgage company confirming your salary; information needed for payroll, benefits and expenses purposes; contact and emergency contact details; records of holiday, sickness and other absence; information needed for equal opportunities monitoring policy; and records relating to your career history, such as training records, appraisals, other performance measures and, where appropriate, disciplinary and grievance records.
5. You will, of course, inevitably be referred to in many company documents and records that are produced by you and your colleagues in the course of carrying out your duties and the business of the company. You should refer to the Data Protection Policy which is available upon request.
6. Where necessary, we may keep information relating to your health, which could include reasons for absence and GP reports and notes. This information will be used in order to comply with our health and safety and occupational health obligations – to consider how your health affects your ability to do your job and whether any adjustments to your job might be appropriate
7. Where we process special categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation, we will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency.
8. In addition, we monitor computer, telephone and mobile telephone use, as detailed in our Computer/telephone/electronic communications/expenses policy, available in the company handbook. We also keep records of your hours of work by way of our clocking on and off system, as detailed in the company handbook.
9. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you.
10. We may transfer information about you to other group companies for purposes connected with your employment or the management of the company’s business. For example, where our clients request a staff list prior to large events for security reasons.
11. In limited and necessary circumstances, your information may be transferred outside of the EEA or to an international organisation to comply with our legal or contractual requirements. We have in place safeguards to ensure the security of your data.
12 Your personal data will be stored for a period of three years post your employment for legal reasons and payroll details for a period of six years for revenue compliance or the criteria used for determining how long your data will be stored for is based upon Irish and European government legislation
14. If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
Our Customers & Suppliers
At Fitzers Catering, we are committed to processing personal information about our customers in ways that comply with our legal obligations as well as being clear with our customers about what we do with their personal information. Some of the key points of our privacy statement are:
✔ We don’t sell your data to third parties
✔ We do make it easy for you to manage your information, you can change your communication preferences at any time
✔ We do use data to help us provide great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it’s relevant, useful and timely
We will be the “controller” of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
Personal information that we collect
We collect a range of personal information relating to you, including your:
§ email address;
§ telephone number;
§ credit or debit card information and/or other payment information;
§ any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you complete our online contact forms or otherwise make contact with us.
How we use your personal information
§ to maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer;
§ to process orders and provide agreed goods and services to you;
§ for invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance;
§ to communicate with you, including to respond to information requests /enquiries submitted and/or to obtain your feedback on our products and services;
§ for record keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting and research purposes;
§ to ensure data security and to provide you with access to secure areas of our Websites;
§ to notify you about changes to our products and services;
§ to decide on and notify you about price changes;
§ to monitor the quality of our products and services;
§ for logistical purposes, including to plan and log delivery routes;
§ to investigate any complaint you make;
§ to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us;
§ to customise various aspects of our Websites to improve your experience;
§ to pre-complete online forms on our Websites. For example, if you have provided an address when using one service, the Websites computers may automatically fill in that information on an order form for another service;
§ as we may otherwise consider necessary to support the operation of our Websites;
§ to obtain credit references, credit checks and for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and risk management purposes;
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by phone and post, as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences that you have provided to us.
We will only send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email or SMS:
§ where you have consented to this; or
§ where you have not objected to this, and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
§ legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
§ statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
§ (potential) disputes, and;
§ guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we will securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
15. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
16. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
Identity and contact details of controller and data protection officer
18. Fitzers Catering Limited is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the DPA and GDPR.
Should you have concerns with regard to our personal data, please email our email@example.com